Search This Blog

October 11, 2011

The Boy is Back in Town + Playing Catch Up

Back in Naples!!
It was a good summer up north in New Jersey.. I had some set backs with diet but managed to stay consistent with my training and eventually found a groove with my life. I had a bit of break through mentally. The past few weeks I haven't weighing and measuring anything, just eating good proportions and eating til full. I'm now a lot less neurotic about my food and feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

Spent all of last week in Altoona at home, relaxing with family and friends. Stress levels were at an all time low and it felt great to just not worry about work or anything for that matter.. No schedule, No timeline, I could wake up and take my time, head to the gym whenever I felt like and stay as long as I wanted to. I was training at a Planet Fitness.. If you've never been to a Planet Fitness, they have no free Bar Bells and they have a Lunk Alarm. It goes off anytime you drop a weight or grunt/breath heavy.. That's all you need to now about this place. I hated it!! But I made the best of a bad situation and got some work in. Body Building stuff mostly.

On one of my last workouts in NJ, I was doing my deadlifts and felt a nervy pinch just about my right glute. It hurt like hell for about 4 day... even to sit down. Then I went for a 5 RM Squat in Altoona and felt that same nerve pinch again and then just yesterday in Naples I tried to squat again and I felt it in my warm ups. Not sure whats going on here but I don't think I'll be squatting or deadlifting for a while until this heals!

Yesterday
A1) Back Squat 5x5 - 135/155/175 pinch
A2) Shoulder Press 5x5 - 125/130/130/135/135
B1) KBS 1.5pd 21 x 3
B2) OH Plate Lunges 20 x 3 with 45# Plate
C) Slow GH Raises 3 x 15

Today
A1) Wtd Chin Ups Sup Grip 5x6-8
A2) Wtd Bar Dips 5x6-8
B1) Plyo Push Ups 4 x 12
B2) Unbroken Dbl Unders 4 x 25
C1) Anch. Wall Ball Toss Situps 4 x10
C2) FLR 4 x 30 seconds

Results
A1) 30# x 6/6/6/7/6
A2) 30# x 7/7/7/7/8
B1) Complete
B2) Complete
C1) 20# Ball Complete
C2) Complete Unbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment