Search This Blog

October 13, 2011

Day 1 of New Programming

Had a nice chat with Coach Anthony yesterday morning.. We talked about my training this summer and the changes I made with my body. We talked about my food and finding a plan that works best for me. But most importantly we talked about my Goals and what we were going to do to reach them. We devised a plan to hit some weak spots and continue to build my engine. I would like to keep getting stronger and bigger but at the same time keep some Energy system in there to reach my desired level of leanness. He also gave me a list of blood work and hormone levels that I need to test very soon. It was a great, informative meeting and I left feeling like we were on the same page and that he had my best interest in mind. I trust him completely as a coach to know what I need and when I need it!

Today
Needed to find a couple of Maxes today.
1RM Close Grip Bench Press
8RM DB Split Squat
8RM DB Ext Rotations
Then
A) DeadLift Wave: 6-4-2-6-4-2, rest 3 mins b/t
B) GH Raises vs Light Band: 3 x 10-12, rest 1 min
C) :30 Row Sprints, rest 1:30 x 8

Results
1RM CGBP - 255#
8RM DBSS - 70#/Hand
8RM DBExR - 22.5 (need some work here)
A) 185/235/255/ 235/255/275 - The first wave was more of me testing the waters with my back. Felt pretty good so I pushed it a little in the second wave but not to my max. Just good strong reps with perfect form.
B) All sets with Red Band x 12 reps
C) Measured Meters/:30
166/167/165/164/160/160/156/158 - Recovery was good for the first four or five sets, but then I started falling off the rower on the last few sets very out of breath.

Overall very happy with today's output.. Got to test some movements, test my body and do somethings I haven't done in a while or have never done before (GH Raises with bands). Looking forward to this programming!

Food
Post Wod - Sweet Potato with Protein

Meal 1 - Beef, Kale, Avocado and Tomato Sauce

Meal 2 - 5 Egg Omelet with Mushrooms and Onions

Meal 3 - Grassfed Tenderloin with Baked Broccoli and Grassfed Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment