Search This Blog

January 24, 2010

OPT Big Dawg Weekend Competition

So this weekend I competed in OPT's Big Dawg Competition!!
The task was to do 3 Workouts in 5 Hours
WOD 1: 3 sets of 15 OverHeadSquats - Max Weight, Unbroken
WOD 2: 2K Row & AMRAP Double Unders in 10 mins.
WOD 3: For Time - 50 CTB Pull Ups, 50 Burpees

WOD 1
I felt stronger than I ever have before on the OHS.. Like I said, I've only been crossfitting since late September and only 31 Days in OPTs programming. A month or so ago I did a 1 rep max OHS at 135. Saturday Morning I was able to do 15 unbroken and went for 150 but my last five reps were not full range of motion. Coach wanted butt below parallel and mine were just above. But still a huge jump from a work capacity standpoint.

WOD 2
I think I must have PR'd in my 2K row... The only problem was I PR'd on the first 500m !! For whatever reason I just jumped on the rower and started killing it, not thinking about my pace. I struggled and suffered through the last 1500m and got it done in 7:49, still not to bad but not at all what I was expecting. Then going into the double unders which is my worst event, I knew I just needed to find a pace and stick with it... I went single..double..single and ended up getting 38.. Whatever.. I'll be knocking em out soon enough.

WOD 3
This wod looked to be one of the hardest ones of the day... My CTB pullups are getting better but I struggled with it and was unable to string more than 4 at a time after the first 15. Luckily, I flew through the burpees and ended with a time of 6:43 after spending over 4:30 on the pullups!

Overall, I felt like it was pretty good weekend.. It exposed a lot of my weaknesses and I now know exactly what I need to work on to continue to grow and get ready for the Sectionals in March. Special thanks to OPT for the incredible programming and to all the Big Dawgs that continue to put up monster numbers! These people really are some of the fittest people on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment