Search This Blog

December 6, 2011

Tuesday's Training

Went on a nice little "Off the Rails" Cheat weekend and after a few days to recover, I feel like I'm back to 100% Energy level. Planning on competing in the next OPT Event this Saturday so I will train the next three days, rest on Friday and compete on Saturday. The biggest challenge I will face, well two really, 1) Metcon and 2) Fuel. I haven't done much in the way of hard, energy system training. I'm very afraid that any sort of metcon is just going to ruin me. As far as fuel goes, I just haven't done four workouts in one day in long time and have no clue what I can eat or not eat in between workouts to fully recover and be ready to hit the next workout without feeling full. I will most likely stick to liquid proteins and then at the end throw in some starchy carbs. Wish I had a little more time to play with this but whatever, should be an awesome weekend.. I'm just happy I can actually compete this time around. I love these large group events at the box, the community is second to none and the energy is amazing.

Today's Workout
A: High Bar Back Squat @ 30X1; 4-6 reps, rest 3 min. x 3
B: BB Split Squat @ 33X2; 4 rep/leg; rest 1 min b/t legs x 5
C: 10 mins. of Hip, Calve, H-string and Ankle MOB
+
6 Sets Hard and Fast , Rest 4 mins b/t sets of
7 Burpees
40m Prowler Run (200#)

Results
A: 225/235/240 all x 4 - very happy with this, been doing low bar for a long time and this is the first time I've worked high bar... I was expecting a big drop off but I felt very strong here.
VIDEO @ 235 x 4 - http://youtu.be/0EOIy6i1jds

B: all @ 95# - these were hard, that time in the bottom was nasty, tried not to unload on that down knee
C: Complete
+
timed sets
:27/:26/:25/:25/:26/:24

2 comments:

  1. push your knees out a bit more on the BS and pressure the outsides of your feet as well. Chest up throughout the squat both up and down. This will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks coach.. I was trying hard to keep my chest up with little success.. I think with that idea of pushing my knees out even more should help set my back, yes? Also, just getting comfortable with the new movement, I need sometime for that neuromuscular coordination to come back. I still want to go right into a low bar looking squat with a high bar rack!!

    ReplyDelete