Search This Blog

April 25, 2010

5.3.1. Wendler Strength Re-Test

Today, Anthony and I decided to go into the box and Re-Test all of our Max Efforts on the Four Major Lifts - Bench Press, Dead Lift, Squat, and Military Press. This has been a very hard week for me, going on 6 straight days of Working Out. I should have taken Saturday off, but I couldn't pass up the chance to do a Fight Gone Bad. So I went in to this with very low expectations.. Planning on going up in weight by 5 pounds or so per lift.

Lift/Previous Best/Today's Best

Military Press/138#/140# - PR by 2#

Dead Lift/345#/360# - PR by 15#

Bench Press/225#/240# - PR by 15#

Back Squat/235#/290# - PR by 55#!!

I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that after the week I've had going in struggling with the Back Squat and doing all the leg exercises I've put my body through did I think I was going to PR here let alone be 10 pounds short of hitting 2 of my Goals - 300# Back Squat and 800 Crossfit Total (790#)! Really Great Feeling!! Now time to rest up and get back to my 2nd Cycle of Wendler 5.3.1.

Here is the video of Anthony and Me setting some PR's!

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, just got the shirts. Thanks brother! I'll be sure to where one on camera one of these times :).

    ReplyDelete