Search This Blog

April 12, 2010

Snatch Balance Work

Sunday 4-11-10

Decided to get a good workout in before the Final Round of the Masters!!

Drilled my Snatch Balance Technique and then worked up to a Heavy Single.

95# x 5
115# x 5
135# x 3
155# x 1
175# x 1
190# x 1
200# x Failed at the bottom


Felt pretty good.. Really focused on a shorter more explosive dip and drive and made sure I stayed at the bottom for a few seconds on the lighter warm up weights. I'm going to throw in some Over Head Squat work later this week.. Light weight High reps..

After a little break I did a little WOD courtesy of ME Black Box:

For Time:


65# Thrusters x 50 reps
Double Unders x 40 reps
1.5 Pood Kettle Bell Swings x 30 reps
45# Plate Overhead Walking Lunges x 20 steps (10/leg)
Burpees x 10

Time: 10:09

A little disappointed with my time.. Broken Kettle bell swings killed my time.. Could have done more there.. And the walking lunges were broken into 10's with a break that was way too long!! Burpees were unbroken but horribly slow.. Felt like I had 50# on my back!! With that said, this was a very fun WOD and I got the response I was looking for! No more metcons this week.. Focus is pure strength on all my Wendler Lifts before I go into the unloading week where I will be working on my Olift Technique!

Here's the video of my Heavy Singles Snatch Balance Work.
Snatch Balance Work 4.11.10 [HQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment