Search This Blog

April 24, 2010

FIGHT GONE BAD

Today, one of the local Crossfit Affiliates, Real Fitness, invited all the local Crossfit Affiliates to compete in a big Fight Gone Bad!! Crossfit Redline, my box, was well represented as was Crossfit Blaze and Crossfit Estero. Even some of the LuLuLemon girls went at this monster. For those of you unfamiliar with Fight Gone Bad it goes like this:
3 Rounds for As Many Reps as Possible of:
1:00 min. of Wall Balls @ 20#
1:00 min. of Sumo DeadLift High Pulls @ 75#
1:00 min. of Box Jumps @ 20"
1:00 min. of Push Press @ 75#
1:00 min. Row for Calories
1:00 min Rest

This is meant to recreate how a professional MMA fighter feels doing a 3 round fight. Inspired by BJ Penn, who actually named this WOD: When asked how he felt after it he said, "It felt like a good fight gone bad!" There is also a championship version of this WOD which is of course 5 rounds.

It was my first time through this hell and I almost puked on the last round.. I managed to get 287 reps.. Was shooting for 300 or better but fell just short.. Anthony, owner of Redline, killed it with 328 reps I believe. Everyone had a great time and we all had a nice BBQ/my Going Away Party at Rocky's House after the hell. I will be doing this WOD again very soon to try to break the 300 mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment