Search This Blog

April 17, 2010

Low Bar Back Squat

This morning I decided to try the Low Bar Back Squat position on my 5.3.1. Squat day.
5 reps at 160#
3 reps at 180#
Max reps at 205#

This position felt absolutely horrible and my form needs a lot of practice... With that said I feel this position will help me go up in weight on the Squat and hopefully help my first pull from the Clean and Snatch Position.

Google Mark Rippetoe - Low Bar Back Squat.. He goes into great detail of the physics and reasons for this position.

I also threw in 3 sets of 10 reps of Light Over Head Squats @ 95#- Focus being slow down and a hold at the bottom.. Something close to 2 seconds down, hold for 2 seconds in bottom and Explode Up and repeat (22X1)

I'm going to continue with the low bar squat until I get comfortable with the bar position and learn how to keep my back arched on the way down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment