Search This Blog

April 20, 2010

MCGHEEEEEE!!!!!

Wow... What a WOD!
McGhee was the latest Hero WOD that CF Main Site posted sometime last week..
It breaks down like this:

As many rounds, plus additional reps, as possible in 30 Minutes of:
5 - Dead Lifts @ 275#
13 - Push Ups
9 - 30" Box Jumps

Anthony, the owner of Crossfit Redline, and myself decided to give this WOD a go on Sunday.
If we were going to do this WOD a month ago I guarantee we scale it down to something like 225#. We just simply were not strong enough to move that kind of weight for max reps in 30 minutes.. But just after a week of 5.3.1. Wendler strength program, that weight was very "do-able" I'm not saying it was easy, but we both were able to do double digit rounds.. I got 15 rounds and Anthony busted out 16!! 15 rounds is equivalent to 75 Dead Lifts or 20,625 pounds lifted in a half hour.. That's a lot! It definitely took us to the edge here and this is what Tuesday.. I'm still feeling it in my Back, Calves, Shoulders, etc.. I'm just sore. Luckily this week is an unloading week in 5.3.1. and the weight is going to be very light.. Only 40%, 50%, and 60% for 5 reps each..

Here is a link to some of that video!

First 3 minutes - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1332106035917&ref=mf

12 Minutes in - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1332091475553&ref=mf

Last 2 Minutes - http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1332068674983&ref=mf

This Sunday, we plan on testing out our new Max Efforts for the Four Major Lifts - Dead Lift, Squat, Bench Press and Military (shoulder) Press before I leave for Whistler British Columbia, Canada to run the David Leadbetter Golf Academy for the summer!
I'm really gonna miss this place and all the new friends I've made thru crossfit. But hope to come back bigger, faster, and stronger than ever and look forward to making some new friends at Crossfit Whistler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment