Search This Blog

March 22, 2010

Sectionals Update

Well, my WPB Sectionals Weekend was a blast.. Didn't do as well as I wanted to.. I got a pretty picky judge in my first WOD and she took away all of my reps in the 2nd and 3rd round.. I was on a pretty good pace I got 27 Kettlebell swings first round then hit a bit of a wall and only got 8 on the 2nd.. Then the third round the judge was making me redo my man on fires and I was unable to complete a Kettlebell swing in that round.. Meaning that my score was only the first 2 rounds.. After I was done I was watching a few others go and their form was way worse than mine and every one of their reps counted.. What can you do.. Next time I won't give them a reason to questions my range of motion.

The 2nd WOD wasn't one of my strengths either but I thought I did ok.. Finished in the middle of the pack.. Ripped my hands pretty bad on the Pull Ups but was able to finish them and the Thrusters that followed without even feeling my hands.. I think my whole body was numb at this point.

3rd WOD I ended up setting a personal best on both the Power Clean Lift @ 215 pounds and the Push Jerk Lift @ 225 pounds. Felt Great with this performance and was so pumped to hit those weights.. My previous best for both were 185 on the power clean and 205 on the Push Jerk.

4th WOD was a 1500m Row, 400m 60# Sand Bag Sprint up a hill, Then a 2k Run... Finished with a total time around 21 minutes.. The run killed me.. But I smoked the row.. I kept a 1:45 pace and it felt very easy.. Good form. The sandbag sprint was easier than I thought.. I took it kind of easy to save myself on the run, probably could have snuck out a minute or two if I would have pushed a bit more on that sprint, but I didn't know I would feel for the run. I don't do a lot of running and was unsure how to pace.. Just another aspect of my fitness I need to work on!!

Just want to thank my parents for the all the words of encouragement and also all the guys and girls at the Redline Box and OPT for the training program! Could not have done it with out all of you!! Thanks!!

Here are a few videos of my lifts.. You can also see them as well as some pictures on my Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment