Search This Blog

January 6, 2012

Friday Training and Paleo Challenge Food Log Day 5

Today I hit a workout that was required of everyone doing the paleo challenge. This will be one of the measurements used in crowning the Winners of the Challenge. It will be judged on your % change. I thought about just dogging this workout a bit and coming with less than 100% effort. But knew I would hear shit from my coach and friends if I did. So I hit with full intensity.
Pre Challenge WOD
250m Row
15 KBS 2pood
15 Burpees
15 KBS 2pood
250m Row

Time: 3:36
I think this workout was right in my wheel house. High Power Output, fast, and minimal body weight movements. I could fall down and get back up just fast enough not to kill my time. Anything past 5 mins and I might have drowned in lactic acid, but this was just short enough that I could push as hard as I wanted and have just enough left in the engine to finish strong. I'm not sure what will happen after 30 days of paleo eating. My goal is body comp, not performance. I won't be very high carb during this time and I would be surprised if my power output shows a decline. However, I should be lighter which will help me speed through the burpees. Only time will tell. I end up hitting my goal body comp, or I see a stall out in weight loss, I will as in some starchy carbs post wod and see If it helps kick things back up.

Tomorrow's Workout - FRAN!

Food Log
Meal 1 11:00am Post Wod - 6oz Wild Caught Flounder and Broccolini (leftovers)

Meal 2 12:15pm - 9oz Grilled Grassfed NY Strip, with Steamed Collard, Mustard Greens, Kale and sauteed onions topped with some Pastured Grassfed Butter.

Meal 3 3:00pm - 4.5oz Baked Organic Chicken Breast with an Avocado

Meal 4 6:30pm - Sashimi and Seaweed Salad from Sushi Thai

No comments:

Post a Comment