Search This Blog

January 8, 2012

Saturday Training and Paleo Challenge Food Log Day 6

AM
"FRAN"
21-15-9 reps of:
95# Thruster
Pull Ups

Time: 6:16 PR, but I felt like I left a lot on the table here.. I didn't have the lungs this morning.. I don't know if yesterday's gasser had any effect on my performance this morning, or If I just wasn't ready to hit a workout like this. I've known for a while that Thrusters are my weakest movement, especially high volume.. I felt like I had the legs, but like I said, no lungs.. No big deal, just a test to see where I'm at.. I'm actually excited to hit this workout again in a month or so and see if I've made some progress.

PM
Meet up with some friends and one of their houses. They have an amazing garage gym in the backyard. So I just joined in with their workout.
4 sets of 6 reps each of:
115# barbell
Hang Power snatch, front squats, push press, hang power clean

Then 3 sets of 12 reps @ 50# DB
Kbs, singe arm row, shoulder press, reverse lunge

This workout just killed me. A lot of volume today, but it felt good to have a tester weekend.


Meal 1: Post Wod - 9:00am - 10oz Grilled Grassfed Ribeye with an Avocado

Meal 2: 11:00am - 5oz Baked Organic Chicken Breast with Mixed Spring Greens - Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar

Meal 3: Post Wod - 4oz Baked Organic Chicken Breast

Meal 4: Sister's Birthday Dinner at Season's 52 - 6:00pm - lamb chops, asparagus And broccoli + shrimp cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment