Search This Blog

July 29, 2011

Phase 2

So it's been 16 Days since I started Phase 1 of my Nutrition Experiment with Nathan. Some things I've started to notice.. I have been retaining a lot of water, It looks like I am holding onto some fat in my midsection, and I have actually gained about 8lbs in last few days.. So we have decided to switch it up a bit and make some changes to my Nutrient Timing and Macro Nutrient Values. For the next 2 weeks I will be cutting all starchy carbs from my diet unless I do some sort of Metcon Workout. I will looking to eat around 50 - 60g Net Carbs everyday, drop Protein down from 180g to 160g and supplement fat to reach my Daily Calorie maintenance number of 2,000kcals/day.

I will also be cutting out the Creatine Monohydrate and coffee from my daily routine. I will add in its place, Cellucor C4 Extreme. Just playing with some different forms of pre - workout  supplements and see how my body reacts.. In the past, when I was at my leanest, I was doing something similar with a different Cellucor Product. Hopefully this along with cutting carbs will help with the water retention problem.. And I mean it when I say it was a problem.. I would come home from work and take my socks off and there would be a 1/2" indent in my legs.

After this 2 week phase is up we are going to implement Depletion Phase where I will only consume around 30g of Net Carbs for about 10 Days. Then we will go right into a Modified Ultimate Diet 2 Program (Lyle McDonald) Just read his Ebook on the UD2 and it is very very interesting the way he has the week set up and the timing of certain foods. I actually can not wait to get started with this phase. I just know how horrible this depletion phase is going to suck! So the sooner I can get through that the better. Stay tuned for updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment