Search This Blog

July 13, 2011

Training and Diet Update

Changes are on the Horizon

 Anthony has been reading up on the Poliquin method of Hypertrophy. This is a Body Building style of training with the main goal to get cut! Lean Muscle Mass and Definition. Which is exactly what I'm looking for at the moment. As I said in a previous post, my goals aren't to go to the games.. Its to look and feel good. I've never been that muscle guy and I've never had a six pack. This style of training should help me get to these immediate goals much faster!

 I also decided to reach out for a little more help with my diet and lifestyle.. For this I got in touch with Nathan Holiday and he agreed to help guide me through this process. We spoke yesterday for about an hour or so; I went through my short history of training programs, lifestyle and diets and after some more background we came up with a plan.. Since I am doing this Body Building, Hypertrophy Training, we decided that a Body Building style of eating was in order. The goal is to take advantage of that post wod window and dump in some Carbs. Then the rest of my meals are going to be Proteins and Fat with some Greens on the side. When Nathan saw my food journal, he was shocked at the total number of calories I was eating on a daily basis.. He said it was enough to fuel a 5'5" Female. So he said first thing we are going to do is bump that up to 2,000 on Training days and around 1,600+ on rest days. He also said that I need to eat more frequently so I will try to split up my total calories into about 5 or 6 meals a day. My daily macro nutrient breakdown looks like this.. Training days - Protein - 180+, Carbs - 60-80g Post Wod Starch, 1 Hour later 30g Starch Carbs, the rest of the day Veggies only, Fat - supplement my fats as needed to hit my daily caloric recommendations. There is a reason that body builders look the way they do, Genetics, Steroids, and Diet.. and since I don't have the Genetics and I haven't decided to do steroids at the moment:).. It looks like Diet is the next best thing.. Even if you look at the Natural Body Builders, they eat just like this. So this stuff is proven.. It might not be very Paleo or in the Robb Wolf template, but if it works for me then that is all that matters!! One last thing that Nathan told me at the end of our conversation was not to worry about gaining fat.. This is an experiment and if I do start to put on body fat quickly, it can come off just as fast. That statement has really helped ease my mind because I gotta say, a lot of this stuff goes against everything I thought I knew about losing body fat and I was very hesitant about going this direction. But what I was doing wasn't working, and when I looked back at my OPT Big Dawg days, this is very similar to way I was eating then. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment