Search This Blog

July 7, 2011

Thursday Training and Diet Day 18

Run 5 min. at easy (Z1) pace.then walk 2 minutes...
6 sets of 3 minutes higher effort running (no stopping). Watch your pace.
Rest 2 minutes actively b/t.
5 min. easy run to cool down.

Notes: Fasted run, No Coffee.. I do better on my runs without the caffeine compared to my weight training sessions where the caffeine seems to have a positive effect. Had a lot of pain in my lower back when I woke up this morning. Spent some time before the run trying to relax it with no success.. However, I felt pretty strong during the run.. Its amazing how fast you can feel you lungs getting stronger (or at least back to were they used to be) Still a long ways away, but I am definitely more conditioned now compared to a few short weeks ago. Did the run again inside.. This really gives me some nice numbers to compare week to week, as well as providing me with a feeling so that when I do go outside to run, I'll know and be better aware of how I should feel/pace myself during the run. First 5 sets were at 8.0 on the Tread mill with the last set at 8.5.. So just a little increase from my last attempt.

12:50pm Update on my Back.. This is a pain I haven't felt before.. whats worse is I don't know how I did it... gonna spend sometime on my back this afternoon and try to get a massage a little later.. I can barely stand at the moment.

6:15pm - Got a great massage this afternoon and then took an ice bath.. Back is starting to feel better.. Hopefully a good nights sleep and some more stretching, I feel close to 100% tomorrow morning to get my workout in.

Diet
Post Wod Solution of Whey Protein, Creatine and Bcaa's (7:10am)

Meal 1 (8:00 - 8:30pm)
Ground Beef with Avocado and Salsa

Meal 2 (12:15 - 12:45pm)
5oz Cod with Mixed Greens, Cucumbers, and Mushrooms with Dijon/Apple Cider Vinegar

Meal 3 (5:00 - 6:10pm)
Ground Beef with Broccoli and Rao's Tomato Basil Sauce

Nutritional Facts based off of Fitday.com
Total Calories: 1,613
Total Protein: 174
Total Fat: 66
Total Net Carb: 37

No comments:

Post a Comment