Search This Blog

September 28, 2011

Interesting Observation

So I had a very nice surprise waiting for me in the bathroom this morning. Not what your thinking!!! When I woke up and went to the mirror this morning I looked more lean and tighter than I've looked in the past 2 weeks. When I jumped on the scale another nice surprise.. Over night I had dropped 5 pounds, Like That! How, Why?

So I looked back and thought about everything I've been doing the past 15 days or so.. Low Carb, Low Calorie, Same training protocol, same meal schedule, same blocks.. and nothing. No change in mirror or on the scale.. And then after my training session on Tuesday I decided, with the OK from coach Anthony, to start to introduce a small amount or Post Workout Carbs. So I ate some sweet potato and whey protein right after my workout (about 30g of Carbs and Protein). That was it!! That's what my body needed. I just spoke to coach and told him what happened.. I said "I lost 5 lbs last night" and came right back with "I bet you looked leaner and tighter too!" Like he knew all along what was going to happen :) He went on to explain that I took in just the right amount of carbs that my muscles need to replenish glycogen and draw myself out. If I had done to much I would have looked puffy and bloated. Another nice thing was my recovery was 10 times better than it has been!

So I will just repeat the exact same thing for the next 15 days and see how I look and feel and then either increase or decrease if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment