Search This Blog

September 4, 2011

Times They are a Changing... again

OK Sorry folks...
You're all probably sick of these updates... Every week I'm trying something new with my diet.. For those of you who know me, you know I have the attention span of Oh hey look, a Butterfly!! Wait.. what was I talking about??

Anyways, after some thought and discussion with some friends, I've decided to just go back to what I know works for me! Nothing special here, no super loading carbs one day and then fasting for 12 days or anything like that. Its just simple Zone proportions (well, modified zone) meals. I'll probably throw some IF in there as well, but for the next 3 - 4 weeks, my diet will look like this. (this is strictly a leaning out process, I don't expect to get huge and grow muscle like crazy. I expect to shed weight!)

Zone Blocks
Protein: 20 - 21
Fat: 60
Carbs: less than 3 net
Calories: 1,650 - 1,700 a day

This Rx is from Robb Wolf's "47 Ways to Skin the Zone" piece. I did this way back when I first start Crossfitting and I was very lean. In fact, I was the lightest I had been since Jr. High School and yet stronger than ever! I took what Zone Rx'd me, which was 18 Blocks a day, and modified it... I increased protein, cut out 15 blocks of carbs and for every carb block I took out I added 3 blocks of fat. I will let this run its course until I hit my desired level of leanness, or until I start seeing noticeable drop offs in energy and workout performance.. After this I will increase to more Maintenance Levels of Calories and Macro nutrients (2,000/day, 1g protein/lb LBM, and start adding in more Carbs post workout only.)

To help keep me on track I will be taking pics every week. I think mirrors lie and I don't trust scales!! Then when I get back to Naples, I hope to have Anthony take some skin fold measurements just to add to the data. We have numbers from when I left and I don't think they have change much, if anything a few of them went the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely stronger now than I was when I left, but to be honest I would rather be lean.

So in the words of OPT.. Nothing Tastes as Good as Lean Feels!!
Onward

No comments:

Post a Comment