Search This Blog

August 9, 2011

Just a few Updates

So some observations I've been making since going really LOW Carb.. First couple days were nothing.. I usually eat low carb as it is and like to think I am burning fat as my primary fuel.. So I didn't expect a rough transition to 30g of Carbs or less.. It was pretty seamless. Had great energy in my workouts.. Was up and ready for the entire day, never got tired near the end of my work day and sleep was great. Fast forward to today.. Sleep the last few nights have been rough.. waking up 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night, but I when I woke up for my workouts I felt rested.. maybe a little sleepy. But once I got that C4 in my body I was up and ready to go.. Today was the first day I noticed a lack of energy near the end of my day.. Tired, grumpy, no patience.. took everything in me to stay positive and focused in my lesson this afternoon. This was to be expected though so I'm not really that surprised.

Now for the fun stuff!!

-My Modified Ultimate Diet 2.0-

This diet plan is based off of Lyle McDonald's book the Ultimate Diet 2.0
Great read!
I outlined this in a previous post but we had to make some small modifications to match up with my current training program. Not to sure what Day I will actually start this diet, the book calls for the carb load to be on Saturday since you will be tired and groggy.. but the weekend is where I need to ON. So I will most likely carb load on Sunday and Monday.
The Schedule would something like this:

WEEK 1 & 3
Day 1
Diet: Low Carb (around 10% lower than maintenance cals) 
Workout: A

Day 2 
Diet: Low Carb (around 10% lower than maintenance cals) 
Workout B

Day 3
Rest or long easy aerobic base (30-60m below 125bpm) 

Day 4 
Diet: AM Low Carb, PM (after workout) 150-200g Carbs post until bedtime (Pre workout do 30-50g Cho with 30-50g PRO)
Workout: A (modified - increase reps by 20% at lighter weights to achieve complete glycogen depletion)
Day 5 
Diet: High Carb (around 800-1000g) with about bodyweight grams in protein, and around 40g of fat total
Workout: Rest

Day 6 
Diet: bodyweight grams in protein and carbs, about 10% above maintenance cals. To get there, fat as needed
Workout: A

Day 7
 Diet: Same as Saturday during the day. Around 5 pm back to low carb
Workout: Rest
WEEK 2 & 4
Exactly the same except the switch all the workouts up (so for A sub B and vice versa). This gives me the chance when I'm fully Glycogen replenished to train both A and B workouts.
I will have a more detailed list later giving exact numbers that I look to hit on these days.. as well as a breakdown in the carbs I will be eating and when i.e. Fructose, Sucrose and Glucose. This is very important.. You would think this carb load is time when I get to eat any and everything, but its not that at all. I can only eat about 40g or less of fat for these days.. which means none of that good stuff like Almond Butter, Pizza, Ice Cream etc.. so food choices are very important to make sure I get the results I'm looking for here and don't just get fat!
Stay Tuned

1 comment:

  1. good report Nick, this should pack a lot of bang for the buck. Can you find someone in your are handy with calipers to get some measurements for me. tricep, subscap, pec, and iliac crest all in mm.

    ReplyDelete