Search This Blog

August 21, 2011

Sunday Training and Diet Day 5 Week 1

-Rest Day-

Some things I noticed about yesterdays Carb Load.. I felt great after my first three meals.. They were made up mostly of starchy carbs.. I did have some Oatmeal and Honey but felt normal after that meal just really full. Then later in the day I had some gluten free French toast covered in Syrup and I really noticed a difference in my energy levels.. I had a big spike right after that meal and then about a half hour later I got a little sleepy and foggy headed.. Can't really describe the feeling, just strange.. This morning when I woke up I felt great.. Was still a little sleepy (nothing a Venti Espresso can't fix) but when I looked in the mirror I actually looked lean and not puffy.. So my thinking is I handled the carbs well and ate just the right amounts of Glucose vs Sucrose vs Fructose. So all in all this carb load was a success.. Going to continue to monitor my mood and energy levels today as I shift back to Hight Fat Low Carb and also note my strength in the gym tomorrow morning. May even do a little cardio after work to kick into depletion mode.

Diet
Meal 1 (8:30am)
6 Eggs in Coconut Oil

Meal 2 (12:00pm)
5oz Sockeye Salmon with 2 tbsp Evoo and Baby Spring Mix
Meal 3 (pm)
5oz Chicken with Avocado Slices

Meal 4 (6:00pm)
6oz Bison with Broccoli and Basil/Parsely Pesto

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based on Fitday.com
Calories: 1,930
Protein: 158g
Fat: 121g
Net Carbs: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment