Search This Blog

August 2, 2011

Tuesday Training and Diet Day 21

-Rest Day-

Phase 3
Ok so for the last 5 days or so, I've cut out all starchy/complex carbs from diet and have been consuming only veggies and leafy greens. Tomorrow I am going to start my " Start up Phase" or "Maintenance Phase" to set myself up for the Anabolic Diet. Basically I will be taking advantage of timing my carb intake on certain days and before or after certain workouts. For the next 10 days I will be consuming around 30g of Net Carbs per day. My body will begin to shift to a fat burning machine. I won't really be looking to lose weight in this stage, I will keep Calories at the same level - 2,000/day and also keep my protein around 1g/lb of lean body mass, which is around 160g of protein per day. With only 30g of net carbs I will make up the rest of caloric allotment with fat sources. I know the road ahead of me is going to be miserable, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. After my 10 days of low carb, start up phase.. I will then transfer to a weekday low carb/fat lose schedule to a weekend carb loading. The way this works, as my body is being depleted of the glycogen during the weekdays due to the low carb diet and the workouts, it will be starving for glucose. As long as my fat intake is maintained I will not lose a lot of muscle mass during this depletion time, I will either stay around the same weight or begin to peel away body fat. Then, once the weekend comes around, I will begin a 24-48 hour Carb Loading Phase. You might ask why will I not get fat during this stage. A couple reasons, 1) My body will be so hungry for glucose that this glycogen supercompensation will serve as an anabolic driver and my body will focus on sending all glycogen to my muscles and not store it as fat. and 2) Since my body has been used to running off fat, this quick hit of high carbs isn't quite long enough for my body to transfer back to a glucose burning machine. So when I get back into the gym after the weekend, my body will burn right through all of the glycogen that I stored up during the weekend which should make for a great Monday in the gym. Then Tuesday - Thursday, with glycogen depleted again, my body will go right back to burning fat for fuel. So basically there are two parts to this diet - a catabolic/low carb phase to maximize fat loss and an anabolic/high-carb phase to rebuild and gain muscle. This will only make sense if you basic understanding of the human body and how certain hormones and systems work, if you are interested in this stuff check out the Ultimate Diet by Lyle McDonald or The Anabolic Diet by Mauro DiPasquale.

So this is basically what my week could look like.. this can easily be changed to fit your schedule, but since I have no real life outside of work :) i can pretty much do whatever I want.

Remember these samples are after a 2 week Low Carb/Fat Burning Shift

Sample Seven Day Cycle
Monday - Low Carb/Low Calorie - Depletion Training
Tuesday - Low Carb/Low Calorie - Depletion Training
Wednesday - Low Carb/Low Calorie - Cardio
Thursday AM - Low Carb/Low Cal - Cardio
Thursday PM - Begin Carb Load - High Intensity Full Body Training
Friday - Carb Load end PM - No Training
Saturday - Maintenance/Low Carb - Power WOD
Sunday - Maintenance/Low Carb - No Training

Sample Eight Day Cycle
Day 1/2 - Low Carb/Low Calorie - Depletion Training
Day 3/4 - Low Carb/Low Calorie - Cardio
Day 5 - Begin Carb Load PWOD- High Intensity AM
Day 6 - Continue Carb Load - No Training
Day 7 - Maintenance/Low Carb - Power WOD AM
Day 8 - Maintenance/Low Carb - No Training/Cardio PM

This is just a sample of how this can be implemented... I will update you later after these next 10 days with the plan Nathan and I come up with to best meet my needs, goals, and current training cycle. Can't tell you how excited I am to see how this all shakes out in the next  month or so.. Big things are coming! Can't thank Anthony DiSarro and Nathan Holiday enough for helping me through all this!

Diet
Pre Walk - Green Tea, Creatine, Bcaa's and Glutamine + Probiotic

Post Walk (7:30am) - 1 Scoop Whey Protein Bcaa's, Glutamine and Creatine

Meal 1 (8:30am)
5 Eggs and Salsa

Meal 2 (11:30am)
Brite Salmon with Mixed Greens, Cucumbers, and Mushrooms

Meal 3 (2:30pm)
5oz Chicken and Avocado

Meal 4 (5:30pm)
Ground Bison with Broccoli and Rao's Tomato Basil Sauce

Before Bed - Natural Calm, Glutamine and Probiotic

Calories: 1,700
Protein: 182g
Fat: 41g
Carb: 58g
Fiber: 33g

No comments:

Post a Comment