Search This Blog

April 29, 2011

Friday Training and Diet Day 81

Rest Day

A little sore this morning from the GHDs yesterday. Other than that I feel fresh! I have been sleeping like a champ the past few days.. I stopped taking Melatonine and I have noticed a big change in my sleep. The Melatonine worked great for the first few night, but after a while it started to actually hurt my sleep.. I was waking up on and off throughout the night.. Since I stopped, I have slept straight thru for a good 8 - 9 hours per night. Energy levels are right where they need to be. One of the reasons I love training at 5:30AM is its when I'm at best - Awareness is high, Cortisol levels are naturally high, and I have a ton of energy. And as the day goes on I can actually feel my body start to unwind as the cortisol levels naturally taper off around dinner time where I'm most relaxed until bed.. This when I grab my biggest meal of the day, when I'm totally at ease and able to take my time chewing my food and digest it with no issues.

I really feel like I am firing on all cylinders again! Training - Check, Food/Fuel(quality and quantity) - Check, Lifestyle(sleep, work, stress management, Supplements)- Check, Knowledge/Body Awareness - Check.. It really doesn't get any better than this. I feel like I know my body better now than I ever have before. I know exactly how I'm going to feel before, during, and after a workout.. I know when I'm ready to attack a workout or need to spend a little more time warming up.. and I know what foods are going to best prepare me to recover and perform the next day. I can tell that my positive attitude has really helped me to stay on track and has played a big role in my performance improvements!

Diet
Raw Organic Kim Chi

Breakfast
6oz of Grassfed Ground Beef 90%, 1 Bag of Blue Curled Kale, Dijon Mustard

Lunch
3 Cups of Seaweed Salad from Whole Foods, 2 cans of Wild Sardines

8oz Green Tea

Dinner
6oz of Grassfed Ground Beef, 4oz of Grassfed Beef Liver, 1 Bag of Broccoli, 4oz Onions + Salsa Verde

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,903
Total Protein: 193
Total Fat: 87
Total Net Carb: 46

No comments:

Post a Comment