Search This Blog

April 6, 2011

Wednesday Training and Diet Day 58

Run/Row
4 sets no rest
Run 5 min @ Z1
Row 4 min @ Z3

Results
Subbed the run in Z1 for Airdyne
Airdyne: Heart Rate around 120 bpm in Z1
ERG: Heart Rate around 170 bpm in Z3

I love to row! When I was in Canada, I had a great session with a top Rowing instructor from Australia who took the time to point out some flaws in my form and gave me some homework to work on. So whenever I get on the ERG I'm sure to focus on form and  my position during the stroke. So whenever I see row I am very confident in my ability to go long distance/short fast etc because I work on my mechanics.
With that said, whenever I jump on the airdyne my brain shuts off and its just go go go!! So during my Z1 on the Airdyne, I spent that time working on my posture on the bike. I tried different hand positions, shoulder positions, Forward lean etc... I found what gave the best mechanical advantage to pedal for a long time with ease/power was to keep my elbows in and pull my shoulders back. This position looks just like a push up.. I focused on the Hollow Position, keeping my ribs down and abs on sitting tall in my seat. Seat height also played an important part... I made sure that when I was seated my "push" leg almost completely locks out in the bottom of my push.  The last thing I worked on was the syncing of the push with my arms and pedalling with my feet.. I tend to start pushing to early with my arms and they fatigue early in my longer sprint efforts, think of it like pulling to early on the rower. I waited until the handle bars no longer felt weightless and then with a slight forward lean, I pushed keeping my elbows in and shoulder externally rotated with just a slight pull back in on the rebound. Can't wait to apply this knowledge to my sprint efforts and my 300 FY.

Diet

Breakfast
5oz of Ground Pastured Chicken Breast, 1 Bag of Kale, Dijon Mustard

Lunch
7oz Wild Caught Cod, 4oz Spring Mix, 4oz Mushrooms, 8oz Cucumber, 3 tbsp EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar

Dinner
8oz Grassfed Ground Beef, 1 Bag of Cauliflower, 4oz Onions + Salsa Verde

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,572
Total Protein: 169
Total Fat: 75
Total Net Carb: 40

No comments:

Post a Comment