Search This Blog

April 4, 2011

Monday Training and Diet Day 56

Finally got a Day off from work! Perfect.. Gonna Catch up on sleep, hit the Airdyne early, and then hang out with the parents on their visit.. I don't get to see them that often, so it's great whenever they're in town.. I think they're extremely close to buying a place down here now that my Sister has moved to Sarasota to go to Grad School at LECOM. Hopefully its close to the box :)

-BUILDING AN ENGINE-
This should really be the name of my blog!

Oh and I didn't mention this yesterday, but I was messed up from all that single leg work.. My hamstrings have never been so tight.. Luckily I spent most of yesterday on my feet working and the day before stretching and doing leg extensions with a lax ball under my legs post wod to help recovery. Can only imagine how sore I would have been without that "rehab" work. But I love it. I have noticed that back when I had my jumpers knee issues in my right knee, I must have been favoring my left side during my squats and deadlifts, because since I've been doing single leg work I notice a big difference between my left leg vs. my right leg... During the squats the right fatigues much sooner and on the single leg deadlifts my balance is much better on my left leg than my right.. I've been trying to work in a few extra reps with my right leg at the end of the Rx reps/sets so that I can catch the right side back up with the left (does that make sense Anthony???)... I haven't felt like this in a long time.. Obviously I wasn't getting stronger doing what I was doing.. Anthony has my programming dialed in and I can tell the numbers are improving! Spots that used to be sticking points I'm now exploding through, weaknesses in form or breakdown in posture due to heavy weight is now tight and solid under big loads. Can't wait to see where I'll be at the end of the summer if I keep this going for another 3 or 4 months and then start to layer in some metabolic conditioning stuff!! My goal has never been to be a crossfit champ, but I sure would love to be strong and have great body comp..I know it sounds vain, but I wanna look good naked!

Pre-workout Tall Americano from Starbucks... been sporadically throwing these in before my workouts to see how I respond before, during, and throughout the day. Will update my results in a week or two of on and off caffeine consumption.

Airdyne
25 sets of
:30 at 90% Aerobic
:30 at 50% Aerobic
rest 3 mins every 5 sets

Results
Keep the 90% right around 80rpms, maybe a bit higher the first set, like around 85, 90
50% efforts were very low around 35 - 40rpms
Lots of blood flow in the quads in this work out.. did so couch stretching afterwards and will continue to do so throughout the day with an ice bath around noon.

Diet

Breakfast
6oz of Ground Pastured Chicken, 1 Bag of Kale, Dijon Mustard

Lunch
8oz Baked Wild Caught Flounder, 4oz Spring Mix, 4oz Mushrooms, 8oz Cucumber, 3 tbsp EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar

Dinner
8oz Seared Wild Caught Sea Scallops, 26oz of Broccoli Rabe + Salsa

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,580
Total Protein: 184
Total Fat: 65
Total Net Carb: 35

1 comment:

  1. From the Poliquin Principles: many top-level athletes have strength disparities between the two legs. It appears that the dominant leg of some athletes will often be as much as 20% stronger than the non-dominant leg. Incidentally, the dominant leg is not necessarily on the same side as the dominant hand; in other words, it is not because you are right-handed that your right leg may be dominant in the lower body. These atletes definitely need single-limb training to prevent injuries.

    ReplyDelete