Search This Blog

April 18, 2011

Monday Training and Diet Day 70

Rest Day

The Day in the Life

Sunday
I love my Sundays! Its my day of the week. Usually its the only day I have off, during the season even that is never consistent. So when I do get the day I take full advantage and do all the things I enjoy doing and absolutely no chores!! That's the rule.. No Chores.. I try to do all my laundry and house cleaning throughout the week so that I can just relax and have a stress free Sunday. I sleep in, well what I consider to be sleeping in - about 8am. I'll take my daily morning dose of 1 Litre of water and 5g BCAA and Creatine. Then I get ready for the gym and head to Starbucks for my daily Tall Americano. I usually train fasted throughout the week so Sundays pre-breakfast wod is no shock to my system.. The only difference is I don't eat my first meal until around 11 or so giving me a nice 18 hour fast. I take my time in the gym and really get in a good warm up and usually shoot the shit with some of the other Sunday Regulars (BIG DAWGS). Right after the wod I slug down another 5g each of BCAAs, Creatine, and Glutamine, head to Publix and grab 50 - 60lbs of ice and head home for my weekly ice bath. I spend about 10 mins with my entire lower body submerged and then I throw my feet and legs out and off the sides and sink down to my neck, submerging my entire upper body. After my bath I make the first of my two meals of the day.. I enjoy the meal outside, soaking in some vitamin D. After I give myself some time to digest, I go back to the kitchen and make an inventory list of foods I will need for the weeks meals. Once the list is compiled I head to Whole Foods and get to work. Now I know I said I don't do chores on Sunday... but grocery shopping and food prep are two of my favorite things to do. I get such enjoyment out of preparing all my meals for the week and having them ready to go.. so if I'm in a rush I can just grab the plastic ware out of my fridge and go to town. Ahh the little things. Anyways, once done with shopping I head home and prep all my veggies and cook all the proteins that I use for breakfast and lunch, Weigh and Measure everything, and divide into containers. I love the look of a fully stocked fridge. I usually do my dishes by hand, but remember I said no chores, so on Sunday everything just goes in the dishwasher.. After food prep, I usually relax and watch some TV, catch up on the PGA Tour, ESPN, or a Movie/Show that I DVR'd from the week earlier.. I always try to get to bed around 8pm, so DVR has been a life saver for my favorite TV Programs. Sometime around 4pm I start making dinner. Its usually a dinner fit for two and takes me about an hour to devour. Once I fee like I have properly digested, usually about an hour or so later, I drink a rounded tsp of Natural Calm and 6mg of Melatonin. This stuff works like magic. Within an hour or so my eyes start to get heavy and its off to bed. I've made my room a "Dark Room" with all the windows covered with black out curtains, and I keep the room around 70 degrees. I take my sleep very seriously and I want to make sure I get as much Quality sleep as possible so that I am fresh, fully recovered, and ready to with the work week and workouts. I usually fall asleep to a Audible Book. Don't laugh, books on tape are the best thing to ever happen for me. I hate reading! So its perfect, I can listen to all the books I've always wanted to read while in complete darkness. So that is my Sunday..

Continuing my Food Cycle... Last week's focus was on Asparagus and Cauliflower, this week I will be using Green Peppers, Onions, and Spinach. As always I am rotating my proteins meal to meal, This week using some Ground Pastured Chicken Livers, Wild Caught Grouper, Wild Sea Scallops, Wild Sockeye Salmon, Grassfed Tenderloins, Pastured Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast and Grassfed Ground Beef.

Here is a look at what my typical lunch Salad looks like.. about  1.5 pounds of salad, veggies and Wild Caught baked fish, top it off with some Olive Oil, a little bit of Chili infused Avocado Oil for a tasty kick, and some Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice.

AM Tall Americano
Diet
Breakfast
5oz of Ground Pastured Chicken Liver, 1 Bag of Spinach, Salsa

Lunch
6oz Wild Caught Sockeye Salmon Baked, 4oz Mixed Greens, 8oz Cucumber, 4oz Mushrooms, 3 tbsp Avocado Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar

Dinner
Nick's Homemade Beef Chipotle Burrito Bowl
-1/2lb of Grassfed Beef Tenderloins, 5oz Avocado, 6oz Green Peppers, 4oz Onions, Salsa Verde

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,889
Total Protein: 160
Total Fat: 104
Total Net Carb: 42

No comments:

Post a Comment