Search This Blog

April 30, 2011

Saturday Training and Diet Day 82

A) Deadlift: Build Quickly to a Heavy Triple (CNS Test)
B) In no more than 3 sets, Build to a Heavy Single
C1) 3 Tough Power Cleans
C2) Row Sprint 300m. Fast; rest walk 4 min x 3

Well that's what I was supposed to do this morning.. I woke up, got my Tall Americano, warmed up, and started my workout, fasted, per usual.
A)135 x 3 Deadlifts...ok 225 x 3 Deadlift still just ok.. 275 x 3 felt horribly heavy.. it took me a few seconds just to get the first pull off the ground then the next 2 were easier. 315 x 0 I could not even get this weight to shake.. I tried it three or four times and nothing. I got so pissed off I was ready to spear that bar through the wall. I immediately sent a text to Coach Anthony and told him how upset I was that I could barely budge a weight just a month or so ago I was pulling for reps of 3-5. I went into part C of today's workout and warmed up my power clean.. They felt sloppy and again heavy.. I actually missed my first rep at 185!! That's it.. I shut it down.  Never quit in a workout before, but I was so mind screwed that I was only gonna end up hurting myself. Anthony explained to me, while there is place and time for fasted wods.. A power output, CP/ATP Day was definitely not the day for it.. This energy system requires protein to run effectively. So with that info I started to calm down a little bit. So my plan is to rest again tonight, maybe take an ice bath to cool off :) and then hit this wod tomorrow after my Breakfast.
When I got home and got in the shower,  I was actually thinking back to the last time I struggled in a Deadlift workout. It was my last day in Canada and the workout was Find your 1RM in the Deadlift.. Again this was a fasted 6:00am workout and again I struggled. Not pulling more than 300#. I thought about that for awhile and finally calmed down completely.. I look at like this now.. This morning was a learning experience. You always learn more when you fail than when you win. A day like this will make me a stronger athlete both mentally and physically.. Now I know my body even better. I now know I can not expect to perform my best in a Strength/Power/CP/ATP workout if I don't fuel the machine properly!

Diet
Raw Red Cabbage Sauerkraut

Breakfast
6oz Grassfed Ground Beef, 1 Bag of Mixed Dark Greens- Mustard, Collard, and Kale, Dijon Mustard

Lunch
6oz Wild Caught Chilean Sea Bass Baked, 4oz Mixed Greens, 7oz Cucumber, 4oz Mushrooms, 3 tbsp EVOO + Apple Cider Vinegar
8oz Green Tea

Dinner
6oz Grassfed Ground Beef 90% + 2oz Beef Liver, 1 Bag of Broccoli, 4oz Onions + Salsa Verde

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,840
Total Protein: 166
Total Fat: 94
Total Net Carb: 34

No comments:

Post a Comment