Search This Blog

April 23, 2011

Saturday Training and Diet Day 75

AM Fasted Training + Pre-WOD Tall Americano

A) Push Press @ 22X2 - 6-4-2-6-4-2 rep ladder, Rest 3 minutes
-rest as needed then-
B) 5 Rounds of:
12 KBS - 2 pood
12 HSPU
12 T2B
rest 2 minutes between rounds

Results
A)165/175/185 + 170/180/190
B)Complete
Thought this workout was gonna destroy me but really it was pretty easy.. The Swings were nothing. The Toes 2 Bar were all unbroken and felt good.. The only thing that sucked were the HSPU.. I never got winded in this workout.. a big part of that had to do with my ability to string HSPU together.. I broke all rounds into 5 or 6 sets. So all in all a pretty easy day that just shined a light on one of my many GOATS.

Been doing a lot of reading lately on Gut Health and Probiotics. I was taking a probiotic, but I always felt a little bloated afterwards. So after doing a bunch of research on Chris Kresser's, Robb Wolf's, and  Mark Sisson's blogs/websites, I started playing with a bunch of fermented foods mixing up what I eat or drink on a day to day basis. Examples: Organic Kombucha Tea, Raw Kimchi, and Raw Sauerkraut. Click HERE to learn a little more about the benefits of probiotics and Gut Health. For me (N=1) I have noticed a huge difference in my ability to digest my meals as well as consistency in my eliminations.. It actually is starting to improve my recovery... Healthy Gut =Better Nutrient Breakdown = Better Absorption =  Better Muscle Recovery! Oh and I also started throwing in some Green Tea.. Here are 5 Reasons Why you should be too!!
Diet

Post WOD - Raw Red Sauerkraut

Breakfast
6oz of Ground Pastured Chicken Thigh, 1 Bag of Spinach, Salsa

Lunch
5oz Wild Caught Grouper Baked, 6oz Mixed Greens, 8oz Cucumber, 4oz Mushrooms, 3 tbsp Avocado Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar

8oz Green Tea

Snack
Seaweed Salad

Dinner
Nick's Homemade Beef Chipotle Burrito Bowl
-10oz of Grassfed Ground Beef, 5oz Avocado, 6oz Green Peppers, 4oz Onions, Salsa Verde

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,968
Total Protein: 183
Total Fat: 111
Total Net Carb: 38

No comments:

Post a Comment