Search This Blog

April 13, 2011

Wednesday Training and Diet Day 65

Rest Day

Today is a scheduled rest day... I'm pretty sore in my shoulders, chest, and post chain (single leg DL) but instead of completely resting on this day, I am going to get in the box and do some pre-hab/re-hab stuff and some light Z1 rowing tech work. I am a blog troll, I have about 15 blogs I read every single day of the week first thing in the morning. And one of my go to blogs is the OPT Big Dawgs Blog.. I love seeing what he programs for his athletes and he always has some interesting videos up for our enjoyment. Today's workout seemed like it was designed just for me.. Nothing to taxing on my CNS and shouldn't leave me ruined for tomorrow. This should actually help my shoulders and I can always use some core and rowing technique work. So instead of being lazy and lounging on my couch all afternoon. I'm going to do a little active recovery.
TRAINING:
Row 10 min working on technique @ Z1
(row high speed/perfect form 10 sec of every minute)
+
20 TGU/arm light KB - slow and steady
+
240 sec FLR accumulated on floor 

Been messing around with some Intermittent Fasting (wrapping up my dinner around 5:30 -6pm and then eating my breakfast around 8am, giving me a nice 14 hour fast, Sundays I usually longer in the range of 18 hours + Fasted Training)
Also:
Only going with two meals today.. Going to be throwing in some Calorie Restriction on my rest days.. Hopefully the energy that is usually used to digest my food will be used to help repair and recovery my body. The Best advice I ever got in regards to my training was "You don't get strong when training, You get strong during recovery!" So better recovery mean stronger, bigger ME!

Diet
Breakfast
5oz of Ground Pastured Chicken Thigh, 1 Bag of Asparagus, Salsa

Dinner
Chipotle Grill just opened up in Naples so I gave it a trial run.. Never been to one before so I took some advice from THE MAN Robb Wolf - Steak and Chicken Burrito Bowl, Double Guacamole, Double Veggies, Mild Salsa, Sans Burrito, Sans Beans, Sans Rice.
Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,164
Total Protein: 116
Total Fat: 55
Total Net Carb: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment