Search This Blog

April 16, 2011

Saturday Training and Diet Day 68

I was talking with Anthony a few nights ago, going over the programming for today, and at the end of the conversation I thanked him again for the awesome programming.. I am doing very little in the ways of "Crossfit Metcon Beat Downs" and I am getting lean and gaining strength/muscle mass. We have been doing body skinfold measurements since the start of all of this. At the beginning, I was a complete mess!! I spent the summer snacking on Junk Food, Pints of Ice Cream and other sugar loaded treats. I think I was probably a little depressed at the time. I was out of my routine and with no Kitchen to cook in, clean meals were hard to come by. As a result, I put on a lot of weight and not the good kind. Tons of fat in all the wrong places. Now, one would think to lose the weight you would throw someone like me right into some long endurance, running, metcon type wods right away to lose the weight.. But all you would be doing is adding fuel to the fire. . You see, if you know how to read the skinfold results, you have a better understanding on why you are storing weight in certain areas.. And for me not only were my "Carb Sites" high, but my "Cortisol Site" were off the chart and I was producing about as much Testosterone as a 12 year old girl. So a poorly designed program would have sent a Cortisol Storm through my body causing me more harm than good. Well since that first day, all my numbers are starting to drop way down and I am now producing and utilizing more Testosterone in my body.. I weighed myself on day one and I was 197... I am planning to weigh myself again Tomorrow, Day 70,  and see where I'm at now. Not to worried about this number and I will not look at it as a sign of whether or not I'm doing good or bad, but it will be a nice marker for me going forward. I have a Goal weight in mind but the weight is only as good as my body fat %. If you would like to find out a bit more on this stuff, and I suggest you do if you have any interest in fitness and health, then contact Anthony Disarro at Crossfit Redline.. In my opinion, he is the best strength coach SW FL has to offer! And I am honored to call him Coach and even more so my Friend.

AM Fasted WOD + Tall Americano
Aerobic Airdyne Work
25 sets
:30 @ 90%
:30 @ 50%
no rest

-rest 5 hours-

PM Pre Lunch WOD
A) DB Step Up @ 4020 8/leg x 3; rest 1 min b/t legs
B) DB Forward Lunge to 4" step, 10-12 @ 2010; rest 1 min b/t Legs x 3
C) Side Bridge :30/side, :30 sec rest, 3x per side

-ANTHONY-
Here is a video of my warm up on the DB Forward Lunge.. Not to tempo.. Just checking to see if form is correct??

Results
AM: Completed
90% Efforts Avg. 75 RPMs
50% Efforts Avg. 40 RPMs
PM:
A) All done with 20# x 8 x3/leg
B) All done with 30# x 12 x3/leg
C) Complete unbroken


Diet
Breakfast
6oz of Ground Pastured Chicken Sausage, 1 Bag of Asparagus, Salsa

Lunch
6oz Wild Caught Sockeye Salmon Baked, 4oz Mixed Greens, 8oz Cucumber, 6oz Green Pepper, 4oz Mushrooms, 3 tbsp Avocado Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar

Dinner
7oz Grassfed Bison, 4oz Onions, 2 Bags of Cauliflower + Salsa Verde

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,857
Total Protein: 164
Total Fat: 103
Total Net Carb: 41

No comments:

Post a Comment