Search This Blog

March 19, 2011

Saturday Training and Diet Day 39

Tester
As Many 1-5 Squat Clean Thruster Ladders @ 115# in 10 Minutes

Results:
3 Ladders/only one unbroken ladder
Squat Clean/Thruster is a bad bad movement for me.. Really highlights my weaknesses. Had a quick chat with Coach Anthony about this and we(he) will be making changes to my training accordingly.. going to add in some more Front Squats @ tempo/VMO stuff - slow and steady then build up power and speed. I am much more aware of my technique now more than ever. I find when I try to fly and go fast, I get soft in the bottom of the front squat and I have no pop/power to push out of the bottom into a press.(I believe this is why I had knee problems for a few months..I did a workout that was 200 thrusters for time with ugly form..big bounce) But when I move slow and in control.. I can focus more on being tight in the bottom and explode up with power. Hopefully with more practice I can come back to this tester or any workout with front squats, squat cleans, or thrusters and kill it!

Diet

Breakfast
8oz of Ground Pastured Chicken, 1 Bag of Kale, Dijon Mustard

Lunch
8oz Grassfed Ground Beef, 15oz Brussels Sprouts, 4oz Avocado

Dinner
8oz Sea Scallops, 32oz Broccoli Rabe

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,843
Total Protein: 195
Total Fat: 82
Total Net Carb: 36

Tonight's Dinner.. Seared Wild Caught Sea Scallops and Baked Broccoli Rabe w/ Garlic topped with Homemade Salsa.. Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment