Search This Blog

March 26, 2011

Saturday Training and Diet Day 46

Rest Day

    When I go out to eat I try everything in my power to make sure that what I order has absolutely no gluten in it.. I even stole a page from Robb Wolf's book and I tell the waiter that I have a very bad gluten intolerance and if he could please double check everything I order with the chef.. But even with all my precautions.. I still woke up this morning feeling very congested and stuffy.. My face felt swollen and I wasn't as focused as I usually am when I get up and get moving, and I felt hungover. My body has been so used to running on nothing but grassfed, pastured, wild caught, clean food that just a little exposure to some less than optimal food sources and I have reaction. Kinda sucks because that meal last night was delicious! Gonna try some sushi tonight and hope for a better result.
    Easy, stress free day today.. No lessons today, just going to answer some phone calls, read the rest of the Talent Code(awesome.. thanks Ant), and foam roll/mobilize throughout the day! Then head to the Pub to meet up with some Redliners and Say Goodbye to our Friend Jared. I think I speak for everyone when I say we are going to miss him around the box.. The energy and personality he brings in everyday is contagious and it won't be the same big dawg crew without him!

Diet

Breakfast
8oz of Ground Pastured Chicken Breast, 1 Bag of Kale, Dijon Mustard

Lunch
7oz Wild Caught Sea Bass, 4oz Spring Mix, 4oz Mushrooms, 8oz Cucumber, 3 tbsp EVOO, Apple Cider Vinegar

Dinner
Sushi Thai Too with my Sister tonight.
Sashimi Appetizer and Coconut Shrimp Curry

Macro Nutrient Breakdown based of FITDAY.com
Total Calories: 1,640
Total Protein: 199
Total Fat: 84
Total Net Carb: 21

3 comments:

  1. Great awareness around the swollen face post gluten exposure. Remember when we discussed body comp. measurements that the face sites were sensitivity sites. Bingo!

    You are correct about Jared...I am going to miss that kid and his brother. What a pair...maybe I should adopt them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it!!

    Yea I didn't remember that until now.. I told the waiter no gluten and I got my salad and it had deep fried onions all over the top :) did my best to clean them off but not good enough I guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks nick and Ant. Gonna miss you studs too. You guys make me want to start a blog!

    ReplyDelete